James Anthony Gallery presents "111 Ladders", the work of David Hochbaum (NYC). Featuring an original score by Carlos D (of the band Interpol). January 19th, 2007- March 1st, 2007
This exhibition highlights past works of highly acclaimed New York photographer and painter David Hochbaum as well as a gallery installation entitled '111 Ladders'.
An opening reception for the artist will be held Friday January 19th, 2007 from 6-9 PM. This even coincides with the monthly downtown gallery stroll, and is a public reception. Libations to be served.
A preview of the upcoming men's and women's screen printed clothing line, 'Lost Girls' by Colin Burns, will be available for purchase during the reception.
The Pickle Company announces the opening of a group show featuring new work presented by Guest Curator, Kenny Riches of Kayo Gallery. Gallery Stroll Opening Reception Friday, January 19th, 6 - 9pm.
• Stephanie Leitch, recent intermedia sculpture graduate from the University of Utah, creates a suspended installation consisting of 60 pounds of honey and 110 glass chemistry funnels.
• Visiting professor at New Mexico Highlands University, Todd Christensen presents hundreds of small collage works created from book jackets and other mixed media, along with bronze and found object sculptures.
• Nolan Baumgartner, an instructor at the University of Utah, creates large figurative sculptures using spray foam insulation and other mixed media.
January 19 – February 9, 2007
at the Pickle Company
741 S. 400 W. SLC, UT 84101
Three NEW exhibitions at the Salt Lake Art Center including:
• New Narrative: Warhol, Stella, Marden, Fitzpatrick, a series of prints
by these American artists.
• Bill Viola: Ascension, internationally recognized video installation.
• Post-modern Utah, works by Utah based artists.
Salt Lake Art Center
20 S. West Temple; 328-4201
More info on all of these at GalleryStroll.org