I'm proud to release a new mix I'm calling The Jesse Walker Experience (cheeky title) recorded at last week's Stir-Friday. This was the cherry on top of a grand birthday week and an extraordinary night on the music front. Everything just came together the way I wanted it to with my luminaries on the dancefloor in agreement. The tequila may have helped.
*Thanks to the unbelievably cool Flash n' Flare for letting me be his guest. It's always a pleasure to play with him and for my friends at Zest Kitchen & Bar.
1. Walking In The Rain / Frontera
2. Can't Wait / Claude VonStroke
3. Feel Inside / Electricano
4. How Did We (Jovonn's Deeper Deep Mix') / G.Logan
5. Worked It (6th Borough Project Remix) / Tazz
6. Towards The Seer (Andre Lodemann Remix) / Jimpster
7. Someone To Love / Adam Port
8. Elouisa (Late Nite Tuff Guy’s Just Wanna Dance Dub) / The Swiss
9. Friends Of Disco / Neighbour
10. Sensuela / Technasia
11. Song of Life (Betoko Mix) / Leftfield
12. Here's To You Mr. Robinson / The Groovers
13. Set Me Free (Seb's Dub Edit) / Seb Skalski
14. So Crazy / Husky
15. Wandering (Phonique Remix) / Frankey
16. Strandbar (Disko Version) / Todd Terje
17. I Am Somebody / Technasia
18. The Witch (The Access Remix) / Sourya, Dombrance, The Access
19. Night Air (Franky Rizardo Mash-Edit) / Jamie Woon
20. Everybody Wants Something Feat. Alex Mills (Joey Negro Strip Mix) / Joey Negro, Akabu, Alex Mills
21. Lovery (Louie Vega Dance Ritual Beats) / Kiko Navarro, Tuccillo, Amor
22. Otro Dia / Gregor Salto, KiT (Kuenta i Tambu)
23. Moment Before Dreaming (Idjut Boys Dub) / Ananda Project
What a great time I had revisiting and playing at the Red Door this past Saturday. The 10th Anniversary celebration was a big hit and weather could not have been more cooperative - a good thing with me being on the patio.
Figured I would post the full night of music up here for anyone that might care for it. If you were to drink a bottle and a half of delicious French wine and play this mix... you could possibly recreate the environment.
My thanks to Louise, John, Chet and the whole damn crew at Red Door for bringing me back and being so fun to get to know over the years. (Also to Lilly and Hidenorio for flying in!). Salt Lake wouldn't be the same without you.
Fresh off the flash card from last night... It's Nick James and me having a musical blast at last night's Equality Utah Afterparty! Stream/Download it here (256kbps/350MB). Thanks for having us and for a great party everybody!
A recording from the board at W. Lounge, 'Last Dance' party on 8/11/12
More about the event and my relationship with this club:
1. Music (DJ Dino Mix) by Leela James
2. Spend My Life With You by Reelsoul
3. Dance Clap by Miguel Migs
4. Come Together by Andy Ward & Random Soul
5. Want You To Know by Sonny Fodera
6. RIlls by Love Loop
7. Come Over To My Place feat. Davina (Joshua Mix) by Roots + Wings
8. Pick Me Up by Wattie Green
9. Professional Widow (Armand Van Helden's Remix) by Tori Amos
10. Mia by Dog Days
11. Bring U Up (Deetron Edit) by Romanthony
12. Let's Go To New York Instead (Brennan Green Version) by Reade Truth
13. Mir a nero by Michel Cleis vs. Forever (Swingapella) by Key To Life
14. What Are You Afraid Of (DJ Spen & Thommy Davis Disco Phobia Mix) by Ziggy Funk feat. Taliwa
15. Shooting Star (Toomy's Drivin' Disco) by Bottin & Rodion
16. Tight (Etienne De Crecy Mix) by Zombie Nation
17. Cookie Dust by Roman Fluegel
18. Jesus (DJ Dino Mix) by DJ Dino
19. I Speak Jive (John Tejada Mix) by Joseph Williams
20. Summer Haze (Ibiza Vocal Mix) by Grant Nalder
21. Thank You (Soulmagic Remix) by Asle
22. Psychoticbump (Andreas Saag Deep Mix) by Danny Howells
23. La Spirale (J's Loveboat Mix) by Phreek Plus
24. Love Hunter by Idjut Boys
25. Everywhere (Psychemagik Edit) by Fleetwood Mac
26. Harvest For The World by The Isley Brothers
Feel free to contact me or post comments if you enjoy the mix. I love to hear your feedback. This was a great night, playing all kinds of house music I love for the people I love. Thank you to Mama Beatz and Josh Max for tearing it up as well that night and to the W. Lounge for being the one true place for good music in SLC for 10 years!!! - Jesse
Stream or download the sound of the Jetset Discotheque experience. Live from the W. Lounge last Saturday in Salt Lake City. Great stuff all the way through... Turn it up!
So here's an uplifting, Summery mix of classic and current house tunes I recorded at Nordstrom City Creek this past Saturday. Definitely some luxe soulful, vocal moments in there, and it's not every day you get to play a full set of dance music at a fancy department store.
Now that we're through with the tricks, how about a special treat for NewCityMovement readers... the original 'King of New York' Victor Simonelli recorded live at Colors of House in Salt Lake City. Stream or Download now to relive the magic of a true House master. Thank you Victor!!!
Just posted these sets from Saturday's gorgeus birthday party at the W. Lounge. Grab em' while they're sizzlin'! Night was in... sane. Thanks to all our wonderful friends making it the best Birthday ever.
> JAMES GLINES aka JSJ<
Live @ Birthday Dance, W. Lounge, Oct 1, 2011
> Mr. JESSE WALKER <
Live @ Birthday Dance, W. Lounge, Oct 1, 2011
(Soundcloud download here)
Dynamite electro party jams from James, an excellent build up. Then, I played one of my best house sets in as long as I can remember. Straight up energy going in, then some pure garage, chicago jaxin', french disco, a touch of progressive, an anthem or two, deep tech and deep FEEL GOOD H-O-U-S-E!!! Best part... you gotta listen for us rambling on the mic at the very end. Hoolarious!
1. "Music Speaks Louder Than Words" (Doug's Jazzfunkadisco Mix) by Doug Willis & Joey Negro
2. "Bright Lights Bigger City" (The Shapeshifters Heavy Disco Remix) by Cee Lo Green
3. "It Keeps You Movin" (Wehbba Remix) by Peter Horrevorts4. "Can't Get Enough" by Lowweer
5. "Camino" by Sandy Turnbull
6. "Baby Keep It Up" (Pooley's Main Mix) by Olene Kadar feat D-Low
7. "I'll Be Your Friend" (Dzeta N' Basile Remix) by Robert Owens
8. "Doin' Ya Thang" by Oliver $
9. "Shake Shake" by James Curd
10. "Space Disco" by J Paul Ghetto
11. "Freek n' You" (MK Dub) Jodeci
12. "Something For The Weekend" (The Revenge Keep Up Dub) by Ben Westbeech
13. "Little Miss Dynomite" (Anton Pieete Rmx) by Olene Kadar feat. D-Low
14. "Knick Knack" by Jon Rundell
15. "I'll Be Waiting" (Michael Gray and Jon Pearn Club Mix) by Full Intention ft. Shena
16. "Fuck The Disco" by Bob Sinclair
17. "Thank You" (Part Two) by Roberto Rodriguez aka Manolo
18. "Free For All" (Soundstream Remix) by Rhythm & Sound w/ Paul Hilaire19. "Falling" by Maceo Plex
20. "Want You In My Soul" feat. Stee Downes by Lovebirds
21. "Gotta Hold On Me" [That Scatt Thing] by The Muthafunkaz
22. "Come Back Home" (Joey Negro Club Mix) by Al Kent pres. Secret Sounds
23. "Street Player" by Chicago
24. …DJ ramblings on the mic w/ echo effex
*Samples used: a) Loleatta Holloway "My Loleatta" (RIP 2011), b) Belinda Carslile "Heaven Is A Place On Earth", c) Dave Gahan "Interview" from DM Music For The Masses Remastered, c) B-52's "Love Shack" Acappella
I don't play a lot of weddings but acquiesced to my dear friend and neighbors request to play for theirs last Saturday at this beautiful estate in Holladay. Following a gorgeous ceremony, dinner, speeches and some slow dances under the Summer night sky... the real party got started. Now, this is not your usual Jesse Walker mix. Just a nice build up of classic Funk, Soul, Jazz, Rock, Hip Hop, 80's, 90's with some special edits and left field party jams thrown in. Dancefloor went from smokin' to nuclear as the night wore on and it took a thunderstorm to finally put a stop to our festivities. My congratulations go out the newlyweds Elizabeth and Phillp (whom I adore). I was so honored to be a part of your special day and hope this recording will act as token for you and your guests to remember it by.
Download or stream Down 2 Love Town (Special Wedding DJ Set) by Jesse Walker
Last night was a lot of fun at 80's Ladies. Thanks for coming down you guys! I'm getting more excited each month about putting my old favorites together alongside lesser known dubs and secret edits that have been floating around as of late. I have archived the live mix to give you an idea of what's going on down there. It's by no means perfect but in the moment everything made sense and the people looked like they were having as much fun as me. Check it out...
A sassy mix of big room lounge and cocktial grooves as recorded live at Couture In Motion last Saturday. Click the image or this link to stream/download (er...right click, 'Save As'). Many thanks to David Newkirk for the superfly two minute photoshoot and Million Air for the use of their private jet!
I was invited to play this past Sunday at the W. Lounge for my friend Dominic's going away party which was super fun and figured I should post the recording as a memento for him or anyone who cares to hear what I play when given three hours, a shot of tequila and free reign over the dj booth? The luxury of it being a Sunday, just hanging with friends gave me all the license I needed to stretch my musical legs. And a lovely night it was. While it was sad to say goodbye to one of SLC's loveliest people, we now have a friend 4-ever in San Diego!
The mix ain't perfect by any stretch but there's a bundle of sweet new tracks here, from deep house to beautiful vocal cuts, disco edits, indie jams and downtempo. U-turns abound, but somehow they make sense in the course of the evening. I even ended with some classic hip-hop, (although my recorders batteries died just before that). So go ahead and click dem kittens or right-click to download my NEVER GONNA LET YOU GO mix to your HAL-9000.
P.S. My new favorite disco song 'Candy' is at 1:22 ish... tell me you don't love it?! Thanks to Ryan Manning, Takashi and Tamara for inviting me to play in the first place (Ryan, would love to hear you play next time...).
Found myself playing at a lovely intimate warehouse gig over the weekend following a spot on night at the W. Lounge with New York's Hector Romero and our own Damian Ardenne. It turned into a situation I often refer to as "Instant House Party" ...anyways, not sure how many of these I have left in me so you should rock this mix that while it's fresh... it's 100% pure love from me to you.
> Jesse Walker's Afterparty Bassix <