Morrissey Show Ends In Frenzy
"Morrissey didn’t just play a show; he gave a physical performance." After which "The iconic English singer cut his encore short Friday at the Bob Hope Theatre and rushed off stage mid-song after a fan tore open his shirt and nearly tackled him.", says Ian Hill of The Stockton California Record.
"It was the culmination of 90-minute concert that began as a rock spectacle and ended in a frenzy as fans surfed the crowd in hopes of touching the star... The situation exploded during the first encore, with several fans hitting the stage at once and overwhelming the guards. Morrissey seemed to take it in stride, fighting off those who grabbed him too hard or too long.
During the second encore, however, an overly aggressive fan apparently pushed Morrissey too far. The fan ran at the singer and grabbed him high on the chest, ripping his shirt open.
As the fan dove back into the crowd, Morrissey ran off stage with his band, and the house lights went on a few minutes later. Some in the audience left disappointed and angry at how the show ended."
Here was his set list (with notes) from the Oakland show:
00. Imperfect List
01. The Queen Is Dead
02. First Of The Gang To Die
03. The Youngest Was The Most Loved
04. You Have Killed Me
07. All You Need Is Me
08. Lucky Lisp
09. In The Future When All's Well
11. The National Front Disco
12. The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
13. Everyday Is Like Sunday
14. I've Changed My Plea To Guilty
15. I Will See You In Far Off Places
16. Life Is A Pigsty (writhing on the floor at the end, sharp transition to...)
17. How Soon Is Now? (writhing again)
18. Let Me Kiss You
19. I Just Want To See The Boy Happy
10:38pm off for encore
20. Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want (a bit shrill)
21. You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side