New City Movement is a forward-thinking collective, centered around dance music, art and culture in the Intermountain West.
Founded by Jesse Walker. 1998-Present.
Since 1998, New City Movement’s mission has remained the same. To help promote the future of art and culture in Salt Lake City through our shared taste for quality electronic music, events, and experiences that focus on cutting-edge underground sounds by driven artists from all backgrounds.
Artists with ties to NCM: Jason Kendig, Chez Damier, Victor Simonelli, CJ Mackintosh, Ted Patterson, Marques Wyatt, Mark Grant, Mark Farina, Sassmouth, Adam Stolz, Mauricio Aviles, Andy Compton (The Rurals), Jimbo James, Orographic, Joshua IZ, Diz Washington, Ryan Crosson, Cajmere (Green Velvet), Johnny Fiasco, Benji Candelario, Stacy Kidd, Wicked Sound System, Willie Graff, Ean Golden, Snowboy, Lars Behrenroth, Jay West, Andy Caldwell, Matthew Bandy, Nick Hammer, Shawn Phillips, DJ Dealer, Master Kev, Jojoflores, Groove Junkies, Deepswing, Jay Tripwire, Brett Johnson, Alexander East, Julius the Mad Thinker, JT Donaldson, Myxzlplix, Derrick Thompson (Drivetrain), Sergio Hernandez, Stephen 'Bam Bam' Santoro', Shawn Phillips, Joe DiPadova, Sappho, Riche Boom, Artemis, Jon Howard, DJ Fluid, Onionz, Mark E. Quark, Rob G., Jonny Cruz, Pilo, Bandwagon, Chaseone2, Corey Bolo, J Godina, Flash n' Flare, DJ Finale Grand, Siak,WF Rani "G", Matthew Fit, Choice, Red Spectral, Austen van der Bleek, Jazzy Eyewear, Sunshine Jones.
MUSIC + FILM
- 2017 SUPERNATURE! Celebrating Individuality, Gender and House Music (SLUG Magazine)
- 2017 "Why Utah Pride Is So Surprising — and Important" (The Advocate)
- 2017 "The LGBTQ Guide to Salt Lake City" (THUMP / VICE)
- 2017 Always Never Yesterday: Podcast + Interview
- 2016 "Hometown Heroes: Mr. Jesse Walker from Salt Lake City" (Music is 4 Lovers)
- 2015 "Jesse Walker On Beats Booze and Bunny Ears" (SLUG Magazine)
- 2015 "How Salt Lake City Became an Unlikely Gay Mecca" (Take Part)
- 2014 "Salt Lake City: Insider's Guide" (OUT Traveler)
- 2014 "SLUG STYLE: Jesse Walker" (SLUG Magazine)
- 2013 Untitled [warehouse party] (SLUG Magazine)
- 2013 "Say ‘I do’ to Salt Lake’s newest dance and arts company" (SL Tribune)
- 2013 "5 Profiles of People Who Love Salt Lake" (Downtown Magazine)
- 2013 "100" Reader nominated 'Catalysts' in the community. (Catalyst Magazine)
- 2013 Jesse Walker's Bunny Hop (SLUG Magazine)
- 2012 Featured Creative (Cityhome Collective)
- 2012 "My Own Downtown" commercial (Downtown Alliance)
- 2012 "Bunny Movin" (SL Tribune)
- 2010 "Bonkers geodesic futuristic homes of Idaho Falls" (Boing Boing)
- 2008 Gavin's Underground Interview
- 2007 "Spin Out" PRISM (Club Pick) (SPIN Magazine)
- 2007 "Rave flyers from Idaho, early-mid '90s" (FADER Magazine, Boing Boing)
- 2007 "The Club Where You Live" (Club Systems International)
- 2007 "Fun, Done" (City Weekly)
- 2007 "Spin City" (City Weekly)
- 2004 "84***" 'Cribs' segment (3.2 Percent TV)
- 1998 "Local DJ Sends a Message to Utah's Electronic Scene" (MTV.com)